Friday, August 15, 2008

Shenandoah National Park

I guess I'm the only one who thinks that the passport book that is put out by the National Park Service is great... but I don't care. My goal is to see every national park in the country and get my book stamped.



We've been to Shenandoah National Park before. But it is such a pretty drive. We drove the 105 miles on Skyline Drive along the Blue Ridge Mountains. The only problem with the mountains is that they are always hazy. But the haze gives them their blue hue. There are about 75 over looks that you can see the Shenandoah Valley. The grass is really green up there and it looks "lush". It really amazes me that each park has its own feel to it. This one is no different.




The last time we were in the park, a deer walked right up to the car and licked Tim's hand. They do get tame in the park. We didn't have that kind of luck this time but we did see a fawn with its mother. It still had all its spots. We love watching the wildlife.

2 comments:

Jennifer McGregor said...

You are NOT the only one who thinks the passport is great! We LOVE it, too! Thanks for getting us one:) We currently have ONE stamp!!

Jennifer McGregor said...

ummm...we don't think it's stupid to go to all the national parks, and I hereby condemn whoever does think it is stupid...keep those pictures coming!