Sunday, January 24, 2010

I'm feeling BLUE!



I am the world's best at starting projects and not finishing them. I even got a shoe hanger, you know the one with 18 slots and decided to fill it with all of my unfinished projects. I told myself that I would not start a new one until I finished one. Well, needless to say, I could fill another 18 pockets. But we ordered our new bedroom set and I decided to make a quilt for it while we were waiting. It's been a long time since I quilted. And I found a couple of patterns I really liked but one that I saw int he the American Patchwork and Quilting book really got my fancy. I agonized over colors and have changed them at least 4 times (after cutting everything out). 6 Quilt shops later, I finally found all the colors I wanted and started to put this thing together. I have spent many hours on it and have about a bazillion more to go. But I have my first 2 rows done (out of 19 I think). I'm very pleased with it. Below is a close up of one of the blocks. There are 8 different fabrics used and they are all in different arrangements and are different sizes so that it won't be boring. Lots of cutting and ironing but I can't wait to see it on my new bed!

3 comments:

Jennifer McGregor said...

VERY nice! I love all the shades of blue, they all look so good together! Can't wait to see it finished!

Jen said...

WAHOO!!! Love it!!! can't wait to see it in person!!! :)

Tracy said...

Lovely! Where's mine? Just kidding.