Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Homeport Inn "Breakfast in Bed"


We are not big Bed & Breakfast people. As a matter of a fact, I think the only time I have been to a B & B is when I traveled to Savannah with my sisters and mother. But I was looking for a nice place to stay in St. John and this one had REALLY good reviews and was suggested by Frommer. It is a BIG house... Actually 2 big houses owned by brothers who were sea faring captains. I think the house is 170 years old. They bought the two and put them together. There are 4 suites and 6 regular rooms. We got one of the suites called the Crows Nest Suite.

Amanda was pretty upset when I woke her up for breakfast this a.m. She said, "I thought we were having breakfast in bed." We had to explain to her that it was "bed and breakfast" not "breakfast in bed". I still don't think she got it. We had wild blueberry pancakes, juice, yogurt, blueberry muffins, and ham for breakfast. YUM!

Here are a few pictures from our room which overlooked the Bay of Fundy by the way:



/>

No comments: