Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Baby Birds

My sisters talk about this book they read from Ann Voskamp called One Thousand Gifts about thankfulness. Well, in the week where we have experienced death in a very real way, we have also enjoyed experiencing life and I am so thankful for what might seem minor to someone else. Every year, we have finches that make a nest in our wreath on the porch. Although it stinks that it is April and we still have a Christmas wreath up on the side of the house, it is the most amazing thing to watch little birds be fed and taken care of by their parents and to grow and leave the nest all in a matter of 3 weeks. The neatest thing was that I discovered that there are actually 5 babies in that small nest. You can see 4 heads but there is one more bird in the back. I'm thankful for life... even if it means my christmas wreath is still up.

No comments: