Saturday, September 6, 2008

It finally came


I was beginning to wonder if I truly graduated with my masters. I did get a letter saying the diploma would be late because they had to redo them. But finally last week it was hand delivered by my postman. Its amazing how good one stupid piece of paper can make you feel. And that piece of paper represents 40 hours a week of writing, reading, attending classes, and trying to manage the most important people in my life- my family for 2 years. I think it is the word "master" that describes it best....
I decided recently, after being bored out of my mind with no classes, (Kristin is gone, Jeff is working, and I'm on top of my game at school) that I need to enjoy the stress release. But I am a nutty, high achiever who loves school and am actually lamenting the fact I'm done. (I am enjoying the pay raise, however) I came to realize that I'm addicted to the stress. There is something that is addicting about constantly being in hypervigilant. So I have decided to put away any thought of taking another class, at least for this year, and work on my hobbies. Then I realized I am even hypervigilant about my hobbies... which include... fishing, shooting my bow, stamp collecting, scrapbooking, and quilting. Most people only have one or 2. I'm not sure what to do about that, but I think I will just have to wait for my sister to come so I can focus on one of them. ;)

2 comments:

Jennifer McGregor said...

i'm on it girl. what did you say about bows???

Tracy said...

Bow and arrows ... I would LOVE to see pictures of that sister fun! I make a prediction ... another degree is in your future!