Thursday, September 11, 2008

My father's plants


My dad came up twice before two graduations and worked diligently planting the stone walls we had built. The plants have gone through the summer season and they have really blossomed. But last weekend, we planted the wall that wasn't ready when he came to visit. Rockingham Acres is the nursery down the road, and Bill is a master at plotting out where bushes should go... second only to my dad. It was the last day the nursery was open and we got bushes buy one get one free. So we purchased 20, 17 of which went on our new wall that CJ built.

Of course the finish work is not done. I have to move some of these purple flowers over...

And we'll plant some marigolds like dad did on our bushes in the front ... this is a Rose of Sharon with marigolds around it:

Thanks for all your hard work on the plants dad.... my yard is the envy of the neighborhood!


3 comments:

Jennifer McGregor said...

huh. when dad did MY plants, they NEVER looked like that. we need to chat, daddy-o. lovely, Laurie, really lovely!

Al & Judy Melton said...

WOW Laurie, your dad did an awesome job planting your rock garden... I hope you baked him a great big apple pie and shipped it down to him!

Allana Martian said...

Very nice! I love flower beds and gardens of every kind. :-)