Sunday, October 26, 2008

Its the most wonderful time of the year!


And I'm not talking about Christmas. Fall in New England is something I look forward to all year long. After a hot summer, the cooler weather is a welcome relief, but the cooler weather also means that it is time for apple picking and the changing of the leaves. Today, I took a ride through Chester on my way to Maine and the leaves were beautiful. The peak was last week and the leaves are starting to drop. But I love the colors and the smell. I love the apples and the pumpkins, and I love the colors. NH has about 60 trees that change color and there is a wide array of colors at different times.


The only thing I don't like about fall is that after the leaves fall, the long winter sets in. The first snowfall is beautiful but it gets old fast. Fall is the signal that most living things must take a break and then renew. I think God paints the most beautiful fall in New England, and I'm thankful for the reminder of His ability to sustain his creation.


No comments: