Sunday, October 26, 2008

My baby is 16!!!!

Every year that passes and Amanda has another birthday, I find myself reflecting and being thankful that my girl is alive, happy, and in relatively good health. This year, I was even more thankful. March was a very hard month for Amanda with her seizures. Amanda celebrated her 16th birthday with 6 friends on Friday, October 24 at the Space Center in Hooksett, NH.

The space center is a place with lots of games, laser tag, bumper cars, and it even has a roller coaster. Laser tag was really fun. If you've never played before, it is a workout and similar to paint ball without the paint. You get points, and at the end, there is a readout of who tagged who and how many times. I admit that this time, Amanda got me more than I got her. I knew I was in trouble when she said... "you're going down". She has way more energy than I do. But since I paid for a bigger package than the number of kids that came, we got 2 free tickets to go again and play..... I say "GAME ON GIRL".

We had pizza, soda, cake and ice cream. We played hard, and had a great time! Amanda got gift certificates, a mosaic turtle to make, a game, and some CD's. Auntie Becki gave her $20 to go see High School Musical 3 which came out on her birthday.


2 comments:

Jennifer McGregor said...

Happy Birthday, Amanda! It's official... you are now in charge of the house! Well, you were already, right??!?!?!

Tracy said...

Looks like fun! And, I'm sure she would have killed me in laser tag too. Sounds like a fun "cousin activity" the next time we are all there! Happy Birthday Amanda! We are so proud of the amazing young woman you are becoming and we are thankful for the way God has used you to remind us to find joy in everything! We love you!