Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Amish are feeding my addiction


Hello, I'm Laurie, and I have an addiction to Lucky Charms marshmellows. I started eating Lucky Charms as a kid... harmless... but as time has gone on, I found ways to pick the marshmellows out without anyone knowing. It started when I would distract my kids and take one marshmellow out of their bowls. Then I would buy small one serving packs of Lucky Charms at work and pick the marshmellows out of those. Then I progressed to buying a box at the grocery store and eating all of the marshmellows leaving the rest of the cereal for my family. This has not gone over well I might add...
On January 10, Kristin's friend Rebecca Bell came over. She had just returned from Maryland and brought 2 bags of Lucky Charms (or other brand, same-difference) marshmellows in bulk that she got from the Amish market for about $1.50. Kristin handed me both bags as she left for school. She apparently had seen a bag like this at Rebecca's house and said something because she thought it was hilarious and then Rebecca brought some back. Ummm... they were gone in 3 days! I plan on driving to Lynchburg in April. I'm going to have to ask Rebecca where that market is.

6 comments:

Jennifer McGregor said...

First the squirrels....

Steve said...

I am in!! Make sure you get me some too! I do have on problem...I am not sure I can wait til April, any chance you can go tomorrow?

Al & Judy Melton said...

Laurie, skip Lynchburg - go to Tampa. I will schedule an appointment for you with Dr. Rao. I am sure he can help you! Love ya, dad

Laurie said...

Dr. Rao won't be able to help if I have a carful of marshmellows because I've stopped at the Amish market on the way down.

Tracy said...

Oh, now I know why the Amish don't have TV ... they are too busy picking the marshmallows out of Lucky Charms. And, I bet you could find them on eBay ... you can find everything on eBay!

Allana Martian said...

Too funny! Leave it to the Amish to have enough time on their hands to pilfer through the cereal removing all the marshmallows to sell in bulk! I love them, too, and have stolen many from my children's bowls. My name is Allana and I'm a thief. :-)