Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas Memories

I had a nostalgic feeling when Jen talked about the 4 angels that she puts on her tree and the memories that it brings up because mom always put them on her tree to remind her of her "angelic children" (very delusional Jen). I feel the same way about dad's white nativity set that he so graciously gave me when he moved from Southbridge. It means more because I know that he made the set when he was stationed in the Phillipines so many years ago. I remember that each Christmas, he would place them with care and tell us all not to touch them. Well, as you can see by the angel, and by the missing pieces, none of us followed that rule! Tracy especially loved the angel (thats why the wing is broken). And she'll probably tell you that I broke it...


The pieces I love the best are the camels (sorry baby Jesus). I just can't imagine camels in a small cave. And technically, I don't think the wise men saw Jesus as a baby. These wise men only brought gold and frankencense because the one with the Myrrh got lost... Maybe Tracy has that one!

4 comments:

Steve said...

Well at least now we know where the nativity set went since the senile twins in jerusalem don't remember anything.

Tracy said...

Nice ... did you just post that because they told you I had asked for it? Um, and I did not break the angel wing or any other piece of it ... maybe mom and dad need to know that I would take better care of it.

Jennifer McGregor said...

hmmm, did you pull it out of your attic so you could post it on your blog, or did you drag it up from the basement???? i KNOW how nostalgic you are about that set, and you keep it out year round, right??!?!

Al & Judy Melton said...

Excuse me Steve??? I knew they were in the attic of the garage in Tampa ... you must've gotten them out and sent them to Laurie!!!!