Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sweet Ride

Today is the first time I have ever owned a brand new vehicle. The dealer bought the car at an auction from a dealership going out of business so we got a good deal. We got a stealth gray Yukon.... yes, I'm still driving a tank... but this tank is 11 whole inches shorter than the suburban. It has all the imenities. Can you believe there is a way for onstar to track the car by satalite if stolen and then dump the gas out so the police can stop the theft without ruining the car? Did you also know it monitors the condition of the oil and notifies me when it needs to be changed? It even tells me how many miles to the gallon I'm getting and how many miles I have left before I need to get gas. Technology! There is a radio in the front and back and wireless headphones so that everyone can listen to something a little different: radio, CD, and DVD. I think I am living like a queen, and I'm one lucky woman. Can you say ROAD TRIP? :)
Tomorrow, we're headed to Maine to go to church with Tim's parents....SWEET RIDE!

4 comments:

Steve said...

Cool! Two things, when you "road trip" to Tampa, you need to stop in Amish Country for the Lucky Charm marshmellows, and I will only give up the bed if I get to drive it!

Al & Judy Melton said...

Wow cool car! Yes divs on driving it when we are up in May!!!! Mom

Tracy said...

You may be riding in a tank, but it is "stealth" gray, so you should be able to sneak up on people ... although, to truly do damage you must get a hybrid (and, watch The Office for pointers!) Congratulations!

Laurie said...

We looked at hybrids and they got the same amount of MPG... I'm unclear what they actually do if they don't cut down on the gas mileage.