Tuesday, February 10, 2009

This one is for you Jen

I've always been... well... jealous of my sister's talent. She is an amazing artist with her scrapbooks and cards. If I had money, I'd buy a scrapbook store so that she could teach the classes and be able to order what she wants at cost. She has inspired me to try my hand at actually using 1 or 2 of the 3o0 stamps I have.

Recently, I made C.J. and Carol's wedding invitations. C.J. is very special to our family. He was one of my students when I taught at Calvary Christian and he enjoys coming over to hang out at our house. His fiance is a lovely lady who is an artist. She paints beautifully and enjoys contrasts and more modern shapes. They asked me to come up with ideas for wedding invitations and I was really suprised that she liked my ideas. Aren't they so cute together? I also was able to start putting together some thank you notes with her colors. I'll put these with her shower gift. Jen, what do you think?




Its hard to see here but the colors are black, white, and chartruese. The double hearts are a light metal that I got in a package of 50 from Michael's. The ribbon is from Walmart. The thank you stamp is a $1.00 A.C. Moore special. I got the paper from one of the 2 new scrapbook stores I found in Manchester!!!!

1 comment:

Jennifer McGregor said...

yup! i like! they are really nice and the thank you's are cute, too. you can never have enough of those! you spelled "reception" wrong, but other than that... super nice! they are a very cute couple. are you making the apple pie for the "groom cake"? you might consider an apple pie plate for a shower gift, and perhaps your secret recipe.