Saturday, May 15, 2010

Is the cost worth it?

The prom this year is a New York based theme. First let me say that the ticket to get in was $47! I've been trying to rack my brain to figure out why it was so expensive. First clue, look at the invitation.
But after I went in with other parents to see the prom set up, I was amazed, and totally understood as they took a gymnasium and made it into a scene better than any wedding reception I've ever seen!!!!! As you walk in the building, you see a sign with flowers and park benches near by that says Central Park.
After that, you walk into the gym on the Brooklyn Bridge. If you turn left, there is the Statue of Liberty and the whole NY skyline with neon lights in the windows. The ceilings had silver guaze flowing from the ceiling.
And as Amanda would say... theres even a Cash Cab. No wonder the cost was so high.

No comments: