Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Day After

Getting to host a graduation party with 200 participants is hard... but the day after is exhausting. Getting ready for the party took time with trips to Sams and Wal-Mart to get the supplies. The only problem with shopping at Sams is that you then have to load individual items in your car.... or in my case, a suburban. But sometimes, even the suburban is too small.



The meat also had to be prepared. Once again, we asked my Uncle Ike to barbeque. Everyone loves Uncle Ike's cooking! He used his secret special seasoning to prepare chicken and pulled pork. Torrey asked Uncle Ike to make his famous baked beans and he brought them over the next day. (what the heck is a ham hock anyway?) He is always doing something for family.... we love you Uncle Ike!

The party was a success! There was enough cake, enough food, and there were even some cherry breezes left over. (actually they were hidden. Thanks Nancy!) Many thanks to my friends who ran the party for me while I entertained. Joyce, Sam, Nancy, and Debbie, I couldn't have done it without out you!

By the way, I did have a few comments about the lemonade.

The day was very hot at 95 degrees but the kids found a way to cool off. The water squirters I bought were a hit and so was the hose. I don't believe anyone got dehydrated on my watch... although the one casualty was Sam who burned his foot on a hot coal and spent 30 minutes with his foot in the cold water. Glad you're feeling better Sam!



This morning started with runs the airport.... actually 3 runs because mom and dad forgot a bag. Luckily, they were early enough that I had enough time to run home and get the bag. We ate at the airport diner (yum!) and then brought Tracy and Torrey to the airport. Today, Jen, Ryan, Kristin, and Jeff went to buy her computer. She can't wait to get her own laptop. We're looking forward to using up some of the food left over when we have Uncle Ike and the Batchelders over. And of course we'll have to go to Pete's scoop tonight.

4 comments:

Jennifer McGregor said...

it's official! you are a blogger! congratulations! your's is WAY better than ours!

Al & Judy Melton said...

What hath God wrought...

Unknown said...

I know what the "secret" ingrediants are that uncle Ike (aka: my daddy =) ...) uses on his bbq's.
I can be bought.
Sooo willing to sell-out my dad!

*teehee!

Tracy said...

Fantastic ... I am all for "encouraging" others to join in my newest obsession! Miss you already!