Friday, July 4, 2008

Feel like I've died and gone to heaven

I'm not sure heaven will have mountains but it is breathtaking here and I feel so priviledged to experience this beauty every day here. The weather has been gorgeous... 85 ish and 50 at night. The mountains still have snow and matched with the blue sky and blue lake, it is breathtaking. The peaks of the Tetons are so rugged they command the landscape. This picture was taken this morning and it is the view we get from our lakefront retreat. Our room has a bathroom, bedroom, sitting room, and small kitchen with a table. We eat breakfast and lunch there (or take a picnic lunch) and eat dinner out.

At night, the lake reminds me of the coast when the sun is going down. It gets light at 6 a.m. and dark at 10 p.m. People were fishing at dusk the other night and caught 18" cutt-throat trout. Can't wait to get my license so I can use my fly rod. Oh, by the way, they were catching them on worms. The Grand Tetons are truly beautiful! Tim was not feeling well initially but I think he is over it and enjoying this trip. He's already asking when we're coming back to this rotten place.

2 comments:

Jennifer McGregor said...

We want to go on vacation with YOU!!!! Looks fabulous! We miss you so much, glad you are having a great time!

Tracy said...

Beautiful! Wish we were there ... although I would NOT be fishing!