Saturday, September 26, 2009

Sustinance from the Earth

I love having a garden until it comes to this part of the year where everything needs to be pulled and cooked up. Last night, Amanda and I pulled all the carrots and beets. I didn't realize how many carrots were still in there and how many were really good sized. This morning, I am working on taking the skins off the second sink load of carrots. My arm is sore, my shoulder is sore, and I'm not quite sure where I'm going to put them all because the freezer is full. But I am thankful for vegetables (that are organic by the way). The dogs really love the carrots. Scout was was jumping up and trying to steal the carrots off the counter. Funny dogs!

1 comment:

Steve said...

Man, I am so glad I live in Tampa!! Now I don't have to take all those carrots!