Monday, September 7, 2009

What is this?

In the spring, I went to Pinkerton and bought some plants from the sale the students put on from their plant science class. I bought the one in the back I think but didn't remember what it was or even that I had it. I thought it was a weed at first but I didn't end up picking it out because I wasn't sure. Well lo and behold it turned into this fascinating plant that Tim thinks must be tobacco.... (like he has ever seen tobacco) Dad, I need your help... what is it?

5 comments:

Laurie said...

HOLY COW! I think he is right. I think this is a tobacco plant. I think it is called Nicotiana, which is commonly referred to as a tobacco plant. The reason Tim said that is that the neighbor was asking why he was growing tobacco.

Tracy said...

At least it wasn't marijuana! Now, what to do with the plant you got by "accident" ....

Jennifer McGregor said...

I'm no green thumb and even I know that is tobacco. Not saying how I know that. Do you have a license for that? And any "other plants" you need identified?

Allana Martian said...

That's too funny! You should ask your Uncle Carl...they used to have a tobacco farm when he was a boy. (didn't know that, did you?)

Al & Judy Melton said...

Oh yeah RIGHT... I know what that is... it's a common houseplant grown on the planet Pluto. It is especially useful in keeping elephants out of your garden. Do you have elephants in your garden? See it works! Love ya, Dad... wonder if Glenn Kurka reads your blog, my liars club buddy from Lynchburg.